Friday, January 9, 2015

Comparison

First, I forgot a few of my favorite things in the last post- so I'm going to add two more :)

1. Kind Bars
All Natural, Non GMO, Gluten Free, No Sugar Alcohols, Low Glycemic, Low Sodium, No Trans Fats, No Sulphur Dioxide, and Hydrogenated Oils
So, basically, a healthy granola bar. I love these as a mid afternoon snack to keep me held over until dinner time. Plus, they have 7g Fiber and 6g Protein- with only 5g Sugar. And they are actually really, really good! They come in all sorts of flavors- but the Almond Caramel is my favorite.


2. Scrabble Name Wall Hanging
I just love this wooden art piece! My mom and dad gave one to my sister and I for Christmas and they are SO neat. A girl that I graduated high school with and her husband make these. So cool and I can't wait to get it hung!

Ok, so now on to today's post. Comparison. I have been struggling a lot lately with comparison. Mainly, within my two children. I know, I know- you are not supposed to do this. But I just can't help my self, and then have feelings of guilt that I may not be doing as much with Preston since he is the second kid and I am so much busier than I was when I just had Reese. With Reese, we would spend time each night reading with her, singing songs, practicing letters and colors- and we are lucky to get one book in before bed with Preston. I can't imagine what people do that have 4 and 5 kids! Preston is no where near talking as much as Reese was at 2 1/2. He is just now saying 3 word sentences- at this point, Reese was spouting off huge sentences and having "adult" conversations with us. Reese also knew all her colors, numbers to 10, and could sing the whole alphabet by now. Preston, well he can sing a few songs- but isn't grasping colors and is no where near close to knowing his numbers. I know it is still early, and he is boy, and we all know they develop slower- I just struggle with the fact that I am staying at home- and even though I work with him- I wish I had more time in the day to devote just to him and working on these things. I guess this is all coming to a head right now because I have to register Preston for preschool by the end of the month. Technically, he has to be 3 by August 1st (which he will not be- he turns 3 August 19th) to move to the 3 year old room. Otherwise he repeats the same two year old class he is in right now. I have the choice whether I want him in the 3 year old room or not- because of my relationship with the director. First off, he has to be potty trained to be in the 3 year old room- which again, we are not even close to. And don't know if he will be by September. I just hate to have him repeat the same class again, as I feel for him to mature, he really needs to be with older kids to learn from them. Decisions, decisions. The director said I could register him for the 3 year old room, and if he isn't potty trained, or I change my mind, we can always stick him back in the 2 year old room he is currently in. So, I feel like that is where this whole game of comparisons may be stemming from.

On another note, we had our first snow this past week, along with the frigid temps I'm sure you are all experiencing. Reese had 2 hour delay Tuesday, and no school Thursday. It snowed Sunday night, and before the temps go too cold Monday, the kids got to play in it for a bit. Reese loved making snow angels, and Preston liked helping shovel.

Here are a few pics from our week:

Preston and I had a lunch date at Chick-Fil-A while waiting for Reese to get out of Pre-K

Diaper Head! He walked around all morning with a pull up on his head :)

My little artist. She is, so far, the creative one in the family. She could color, draw, and paint for hours and hours. She is becoming quite the artist, and I love saving her artwork to show her when she gets older. (The three pictures painted below that are crazy are Preston's- Reese did a great job making a mosaic of colors on her paper.) And yes, even in 0 degree weather, the girl begs me to wear a dress when we are at home!




No comments:

Post a Comment