Thursday, August 29, 2013

Preston turns 1!

Wow- its been a while since i have updated- but boy have we been busy! We headed back to IL on August 17 for a week of vacation= spent divided between Kyle's parents house and my parents house. We spent the 17-20 at his parents, and the 21-25 at my parents. We had such a fun filled week. Here are some highlights:
-We celebrated my birthday on the 18th by having a "Date day" in Galena, IL- browsing downtown, wine tasting, having a beer at the local brewery, and then dinner at Vinny Vanucchis- an amazing Italian restaurant.
-We celebrated Preston's 1st birthday low key all day then having my parents over to Gary and Julies for dinner that night.
-The rest of the week spent at my parents was nice as we got to spend time with my sister's family- whom we hadn't seen since March! The kids had a ball playing together! We did our usual trip into Krape Park so the kids could ride the merry-go-round (only 5 times this time!) :) It was also Pearl City's homecoming that weekend, so after Preston's party on Saturday, we all headed down to watch AMAZING fireworks. They were soooo good. We got in lots of family time, and I also go to meet my friend's new baby, Beckett. Overall, a great "summer vacation!"

We got back into our routine on Monday- and Preston had his one year checkup on Tuesday morning.
Stats:
Weight- 24.35 lbs (Reese as only 22 lbs at 1 year) -- 71%tile
Height- 32 inches (Reese was only 30 inches at 1 year) -- 95%tile

He is a big boy! Healthy and everything is looking good. I am going to try putting whole milk in his formula bottles to see if his tummy can handle it. He has been doing great with the milk based formula, so lets hope he does good! He has also FINALLY been sleeping through the night for the past 3 night. Going to bed around 8 and waking up around 6-7 am. Only took a WHOLE YEAR! :) Hoping that pattern continues as I finally feel like I have some energy through the whole day and not exhausted by 2 pm!

Ill update with pictures from our vacation when I have more time!


No comments:

Post a Comment