Thursday, August 1, 2013

First of many...

Yesterday we took our first trip to the ER with Preston. I was getting Reese ready for nap in her room, and Preston was crawling around on her floor like usual. I turned my back to lay her in bed, and Preston let out a loud and non stop scream. I turned around to find his hand caught in the hinge of Reese's toy box. At first, I thought he just shut it on his hand so I picked him and walked around calming him down. About 5 minutes later, I saw blood on my hand. Hmm, further investigation lead me to see he had a huge, deep, long cut on the inside middle of his thumb. Not an ordinary cut, one that makes you think, yikes, we need stitches! So, Reese got lucky and got out of bed and we loaded up in the car to head to the ER. I called my dr. office first, but they dont do stitches, so they recommend I just head to the hospital. Poor Preston was so sad the whole way there- not only was his finger hurting, but it was time for a bottle and a nap too, so he was very unhappy. We got in our room quite fast, and after it would examining it, they thought it would need stitches, but were unable to give Preston the numbing shot in his finger- thus leading to not being able to have it stitched. Instead, the used a deep tissue glue on it to seal it up- hoping he can keep in on for 3-5 days without picking it off first. If it does come off in the next two days,w e go back to evaluate it again to see if it is healing properly. After some tylenol, a bottle, and heading home, he slept for 3 hr and 20 min yesterday afternoon- his longest nap ever. He seems in better spirits today, so I hope it is less painful.

Reese had her 3 year appointment on Tuesday. Here are the stats:
Weight: 31.1 lbs (55% tile)
Height: 38.25 in (71% tile)

No comments:

Post a Comment