Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Planes and....Indians

Reese has had quite the last couple of days! On Sunday- we took her to her first movie in the theater- Planes. She LOVED it! I'm not sure which she liked more, the movie, or the huge bucket of popcorn :) She did awesome and only got antsy during thelast 15 minutes (but so did every other kid.) Preston stayed home with a sitter, so Reese had Kyle and I all to herself, which I think she enjoyed.
We also took her to her first baseball game last night in downtown Indy- the Indianapolis Indians played the Cincinnati Clippers. We left during the 6th inning (as it was already 930) but when we left they were losing 3-1. Not sure how the game ended up- but we had a great time. Preston stayed home with a sitter again- so she got two days with mom and dad alone! That doesn't happen very often!

Update on Preston- his finger is pretty much all healed. He might have a small scar- but I am just glad it healed so quickly. We had a rough night Sunday night though- and headed back to the ER after he cried from 8 pm-1 am non stop, holding his left ear. I could not get him comforatble, and nothing was helping. After our visit (and getting home at 3am) turns out it was an ear infection, so he is on meds for it. I'm not 100% that they are working as he is still tugging at his ear- so if not better by tomorrow- I'll call  our dr. and maybe switch prescriptions.

I got a little girl time on Saturday- spending the day in Springfield, IL with some of my close girl friends from college. We had a great time catching up- eating lunch at a brewery, catching come rays outside, and then heading to the IL State Fair  (I mean... beer tents) that evening. It is always good for the soul to have some quality girl time (especially if you are a mom.) It was just what the doctor ordered- I needed some time away and it was perfect!

Update on Reese- she starts gymnastics tonight at a new facility since we have moved and is very excited. Each session is 8 weeks long- 45 minute classes. This is at a true gymnastics center- unlike the last one which was at the community rec center.
We have also found a preschool for her which she starts the first week in September. It is located in a church- but it is amazing. I took a tour Monday and signed her up before I walked out the door. She will go Mondays from 9-12 and Thursdays from 9-1, all school year (Sep-May.) I got such a good vibe from the teachers, and the preschool (18 mo-5 year) is only 3 years old- so it is in great condition. I am happy I found one, and she is happy to get to meet new friends soon.

We head home this weekend for a week vacation back in IL. We will split our time between Kyle's parents and my parents house. We will packs with family time, and even get to spend time with my sister and kids as they will be back too. We are very excited as we haven't seen them since March- and probably won't again until Christmas. We will also celebrate Preston's 1st birthday back home and have his party for all our family to be there. We can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment