Monday, October 22, 2012

Roadtrip

This past weekend the kids and I headed up to Burnsville to visit my sister's family. I have to admit, I was a little nervous traveling with both kids by myself for 5 hours in a car, but it all turned out ok. We had to stop twice on the way up (making our trip 6 hours) and once on the way back (5 hours). Reese did phenomenal and watched movies/napped both ways. Preston also slept a lot, and only woke up/cried when he was hungry. It was an easy trip up and back, and I am glad we decided last minute to do it.
The kids all loved seeing each other. Aidan and Reese being two peas in a pod, and Aubrey being very intrigued by baby Preston. On Friday, we took the kids to the Mall of America so they could do some of the indoor ride since it was raining. They each got one ride, and did very well at waiting their turn. Saturday morning Courtney took me along to her TRX class at the YMCA while the kids went to the Y's daycare for that hour. It was a neat class, but man am I out of shape!! I used muscles I never knew I had. I am still sore today, but I am glad I did it.
We are still painting away. My dad and Kyle finished up the office and we started on the kitchen. After those are done, we have the 1/2 bath off the kitchen to do, and the main wall in the living room. Then, its complete!! I bet my Dad will be happy to see that day :)
Not much on tap this week. Preston has his 2 month appointment tomorrow (shots...boo!) and we have a wedding in downtown Chicago this weekend so both sets of grandparents will each take a kid...divide and conquer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment