Friday, October 26, 2012

2 months and Preston's Room

Hard to believe he is two months old already, but he is! We had his check up on Tuesday and he weighed in at 12 lbs. 10 oz. (52%tile) and was 24 1/4" (89%tile). He is bigger than Reese was at this age. I looked at her baby book and she was only 11 lbs and some ounces and was only 23" long. I am going to start "sleep training" this little guy soon, as he is a swing sleeper. You will see a nice crib in the pictures below and he will soon be sleeping in it!! It may come with days of "crying it out", but it is time to crack down and get him in the crib and out of our room. We let Reese sleep in our room WAY too long (5 months) and I am not doing that again this time. The only reason I had Preston in the swing was because of his spitting up and what I thought was reflux. I talked to the dr. and he said reflux generally makes the baby very uncomfortable when spitting up, but Preston is a"happy spitter". It just kind of rolls out of his mouth every so often, not causing him discomfort at all. So, as long as he is not in pain with the spitting, we will not treat it. He gave me medicine to try (Zantac), but said it won't reduce the amount of spit up, it just makes it less painful. Well, since he isn't in pain to begin with, I don't want to medicate him if not necessary.

Preston's Room: Before (I didn't think he would like the lace) :)


After. We used Sherwin Williams "Accessible Beige" and his room theme is "Rock and Roll" I still have to buy window treatments (the ones in the picture were left here) and I need to get things hung on the walls.



No comments:

Post a Comment