Sunday, November 20, 2011

Grandma

Grandma and Reese (September 2010)

My sister recently did a very nice blog about my Grandmother's passing and shared some wonderful memories she had about her while growing up. Mine were not the same as hers, so I wanted to share a few of mine also.

Each summer my sister and I would spend a week down at my grandparents farm (many of these memories originated during those weeks growing up).
They always had a ton of barn kitties, and each summer I would name one and pretend it was mine the week I was there, helping grandpa do chores with his draft horses, going grocery shopping with grandma and getting to pick out one toy (usually a stuffed animal), grandma making me eggs sunny side up with a piece of wheat toast almost every morning, helping grandma with her huge garden, going to church on Sunday and thinking it was "pretty cool" to get to kneel during their church service (they were Catholic), going out for lunch at Dutch Diner after church and getting the best piece of strawberry pie (still my favorite!!), and watching Wheel of Fortune every night before bed (and man, was Grandma good at it! She always got the puzzles right before Grandpa and I)! Grandma was known for her beautiful afghans she made as well as her skilled moves playing cards. She will be missed by our whole family and her friends as well. See you in Heaven, Grandma!

To view my sister's blog, click here:
www.finnlandnewsandnotes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment