Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dr Appt.

We headed to the doctor this morning to discuss Reese's "constipation", eczema, and clogged tear duct...whew! First, she weighed in at 12 lb. 15 oz. (79th percentile). I guessed around 13 lbs, so I was right on. As far as our concerns go, they are nothing to be too worried about. As far as her bowel movements, he said as long as they are "soft" it can be normal for babies to go every few days. But, when they are "hard" then she is constipated and we need to supplement with an ounce of prune juice every other day to get her back on track. She has not gone since Monday, so tomorrow I will give her some if she does not go tonight. He checked her eczema, and said to stay on top of it by apply lotion daily to her body, and using vaseline on the bad spots. She has a few rough patches on her legs and elbows. With the drier weather approaching, it is important to lotion her up daily! And finally, her clogged duct is normal as well. He said babies can have it upto a year in age. I am supposed to apply a warm compress to her left eye daily to help it drain. Her eye waters most of the day, and sometimes is pretty "goopy" when she wakes up in the morning.

Relating back to my blog yesterday, the little stinker slept in her bassinet all through the night last night. Even after I fed her at 2 am and 5 am she went right back to sleep lying on her back. Maybe I should have posted that she doesn't sleep lying down a long time ago! She also took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday afternoon and is sleeping as I write this. I am trying to get her on the schedule of napping every few hours, and yesterday and today have gone great! Hopefully she can keep it up at daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment