Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back to Work

Back to work I went on Monday, and it sure was not easy. Kyle flew to Chile for work on Monday, but his flight didn't leave until the afternoon, so he brought Reese into daycare around noon. I took my break around the same time so I could drop her off with them, and it was harder on us than her, that's for sure! We both didn't like leaving her in there. All afternoon I just kept wondering what she was doing, if she was crying, and how she was. People say I am lucky to be able to take her to work with me, but sometimes it is harder being 500 ft. away from her in another room knowing I can't just go in there. When I picked her up on Monday, her report was that she was a happy baby who was quite content. So, we survived the first day. Tuesday was not as pleasant though, for me. Reese decided to wake up every hour on Monday night, giving me a total of about 3 hours of sleep. I think I was a walking zombie at work yesterday. Had Kyle been here we could at least taken turns with her, but no such luck. I think I have said this before, but I give all the props to single moms.
Luckily, I have today off to catch my breath and snuggle with her ALL day :) She slept much better last night, and I hope she does again tonight. We head down to IL on Friday for Reese's baptism on Sunday. My sister's family is coming down too, so I'm excited to get to see Aidan and Aubrey as well.

Reese turns 3 mo old on Saturday. Here are some updates:

-She is still having a bowel movement every 3-4 days. Normal I guess. She wanted NOTHING to do with the prune juice in a bottle. I would put it in her mouth and the second it touched her tongue she would gag. So, I put a little Karo syrup in her bottle once a day and hope that keeps things moving.

-She is talking alot now. She loves to coo, giggle, and "squeak". She is also a big smiler. Anytime you talk to her you can usual get the biggest smile!

-She is rolling halfway over from back to tummy. She just can't quite get her arm underneath of her to get all the way over.

No comments:

Post a Comment