Friday, April 29, 2016

Adjusting

We are 3 1/2 weeks in being a family of 5 and I must say we are adjusting so much better than I had anticipated. It may be because Tate is such a good baby, or it may be because the kids are are bit older and can help out, or it might be because this is our third rodeo and we might now know what we are actually doing :) The kids are such a good help with him, and have been very understanding when I have to feed him and can't play or help them at the very minute they want me to. Tate is a great eater and has been a pretty good sleeper as well. The past few nights he has been up eating every 2 hours instead of 3-4 like he had been, but I'm attributing it to a growth spurt and hoping we get back to 3-4 hours soon. Of course, he chose to wake up more at night when Kyle is in Colombia this week for work. He gets home tonight, and I am very happy to get two more sets of hands to help out with the kids. I have officially put away the newborn clothing (tear...) and we are in 0-3 month clothes at 3 1/2 weeks old. I'm sure he is over 10 lbs now because we have also transitioned from newborn to size 1 diapers.
Last weekend my sister came to visit and we had such a good time. Aubrey was supposed to join but had a cold, and we weren't going to chance getting the baby sick, so she stayed home with Kyle and Aidan. She gave Tate lots of snuggles, and played with R and P so I could get a little break. It was so nice I offered her a full time nanny position :) She cooked, entertained the kids, and basically took care of Tate the whole weekend. We can't wait for her to come back over Memorial Day weekend- bringing Aidan and Aubrey to meet Tate! Here are some of our pictures from last weekend.
On Saturday we went to Eugster's farm for their Lambing days. We got to see all the animals, feed the fish in the pond, play in the play area, and pet baby lambs. Preston fed the goats and Reese fed the chickens. It was a great day and the weather was perfect! Saturday afternoon my parents came up and Courtney made us all dinner. It was a fun day!



Helping Aunt Courtney pick rhubarb to make crisp for dessert
 Kiddos lending a hand in rhubarb crisp making

 Aunt Courtney wore me out!
 Our "new to us" swingset we got set up on Sunday. The kids love it and I am going to love the entertainment it provides for them this summer! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment