Saturday, September 6, 2014

Back to the grind...

It seems that summer is now officially over. Kids back to school. Rainy, chillier days ahead. And its gets dark way to soon now. Boo! We took full advantage of the 91 degree weather yesterday and had friends over to swim and for pizza and beer yesterday afternoon. The kids wore themselves out and it was a great ending to a pool filled summer. 

Well, both kids survived their school day this past Thursday from 9-1. Preston did awesome at his drop off- running in to find a bus to play with, and waving bye to Reese and I. No tears and no looking back. Apparently when I picked him it, his teacher said Preston was much more "mature" than most kids in the class (I mean, really?! My kid?) and she thought he would learn much more and be more challenged in the class across the hall (with kids 2/12 -3) He was currently in the young 2's class. After talking with Kyle, we both agreed that to help him speak more (he has a lot of words, but they are not two phrases yet) and to help with potty training, him being around a little bit older kids would benefit him. He is also quite tall for his age, and was towering over some of the smaller kids in the other class. So, our one day in that class was all he got to enjoy. Next Thursday he will move to the other room so I hope his drop off goes as well as this one did!
Reese also did great. She got in the car when I picked her up and she yelled "I had so much fun, Mom!" Always a great thing to hear! She told me all about her day, and even has 5 friends in her class that she also had last year. 
As for me, well I did what any mother kid free would do, SHOP! :) With my upcoming Vegas trip for a best friend's bachelorette party the end of September, I had to go get some Vegas worthy clothes :) I had great success and it was so much more pleasant going by myself. The 4 hours went way to quickly, but it was a very nice break for sure. 
This weekend is pretty low key. I went to a kids boutique consignment sale with a friend this afternoon to get some fall clothes for the kids, and with the rainy weather, we wont get outside. May be a movie night is in store! 

Here are some pics of the kids:
 Thoroughly enjoying the last hot day
 Very excited for her first day!
 Preston at drop off, ran straight to the bus!
 Reese making a handprint curtain with her new teacher, Mrs. Donnenhoffer
 In front of her school on her first day, Tuesday Sep.2

Preston's first day with Reese, Thursday Sep.4



No comments:

Post a Comment