Saturday, July 19, 2014

What are you?

Time to try something new. It's called what are you? A little look inside our lives as a busy, family of 4 and things the family, and I, have been doing lately.

What are you...

Eating: I have been SO into making grilled tilapia once a week. I have this yummy, easy 5 min prep recipe I have to share with you!
Grilled Citrus Seasoned Tilapia
2 tbls. butter
2 tbls. lemon juice
2 tbls. orange juice
1 teas. seasoned salt
1 teas. parsley flakes
1/2 teas. black pepper
1 lb. tilapia

Melt butter. Mix everything in with melted butter and brush on tilapia. Grill for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

Watching: I'll be the first to admit, I am a sucker for reality tv. And right now, my reality tv is on fire! We are in the final weeks of the Bachelorette (Go Josh!) and I am deep into Big Brother as well. My DVR fills up weekly, and I try to catch up when the kids go to bed, or flip on a show if I can while they nap.

Reading: I just finished the 2 books series of Honeymoon and Honeymoon 2 by James Patterson. GREAT books. I am now onto The Husband's Secret. And I always HIGHLY recommend Defending Jacob by William Landry, best book I've ever read to date.

Listening: Hmm, Mom of 2 young kids, who are always in the car when I am....yup, you guessed it, kids music. We are listening to Reese's cd she got a VBS on repeat (I'm ready to throw it out the window most days.) I need to figure out how to slip a different CD into our rotation :)

Working on: I am right in the process of refinishing the gold metal around our fireplace. I am over the gold, time to make it black. My sister did this last summer to her fireplace, so I had a helper to tell me how to do it :) I'll post pics once it's complete.

Doing daily: I always get the question, "so , what do you do all day?" Well, glad you asked. ALOT! Playdates, grocery shopping, appointments, laundry, naps, cleaning, playing, errands, swimming, going for walks, going to the zoo/splashpad/Children's Museum, playing with neighbors- that's what we have been doing. Soaking up summer and not making any sort of agenda. Doing whatever we feel like we want to do when we wake up each day! Loving it!

Loving: I am LOVING that we have done alot of "firsts" lately. Reese had her first lemonade stand a few weeks ago with our neighbor girls. It was so cute. They were so excited and did great! Reese was a little entrepreneur and was a selling machine! We also just went to one of Indy's top rated ice cream shoppe's last night. It's only about 10 minutes north of our house, and it was so worth it! The best custard I have ever had, delish! Reese also had her first real sleepover last night (with our neighbor girls who are like family to us.) She loved packing a bag and she had a great time. While we only had Preston this morning, we ventured out to Tim's Bakery, a place Kyle had heard of known for it's donuts. And oh my word, best donuts EVER! They were fresh and warm and melted in our mouths. YUMMY! It's dangerous now that we know this place exists. The line was 30 people long, out the door, but worth the wait!

Looking forward to: Reese turning 4 next Thursday! It's hard to believe that sentence when I type it, but it's true. Four years old. Our family will be traveling out next weekend to celebrate, and it will be her first birthday party with friends next Saturday. She is excited to have all her little friends over for her birthday party. I am excited too and hope we have good weather for it so the kids can all swim!






No comments:

Post a Comment