Friday, July 4, 2014

Quick Update



First of all, Happy 4th of July! I wanted to check in for a quick update while I have a few moments. We are back in Illinois, and are at Kyle's parents today, heading to my parents tomorrow. Julie (Kyle's mom- had to work today, Reese stayed with her cousins last night, and Preston, Kyle, and Gary (his Dad) are running errands, so that leaves me in a house by myself :) Its pretty quiet and enjoyable :) So a quick update is needed.

Izzy had her final vet check up last Friday and is all cleared. She can finally be a normal puppy again, and is loving it. Her leg is completely healed and the plate will stay in her leg for life. She is back to normal.

Reese and Preston has summer camp 2 weeks ago at our church, and I think it was the fastest week of my life. I tried to do things I can't normally enjoy doing when I have them with. I think I might have spent two hours grocery shopping one day, just taking my time up and down the aisles. It was amazing. I honestly took one of the days to do nothing. I came home from dropping them off, picked up a book with my coffee, and sat outside reading for a couple hours. They attended from 9:30-1 and it was the perfect amount of time. Preston did great his first time being away from me (besides Sunday school at church) and he did fantastic.

Last weekend, we had my Pearl City high school friends out for the weekend, .We had a blast. We got to hang out, go swimming, and the adults had a night out on Saturday night. Kyle, yet again, had to head over to Germany then last Sunday, not what we expected. So he was there from Sunday until Wednesday, and then we drove back home yesterday. Quite a whirlwind of a week for him. I hate to say it (again) but he is hoping this was the last time for a while. They finally have a negotiated contract with the company they are trying to buy in Germany, but who knows until the documents are signed. We can only pray the closing goes smoothly and he wont have to go back anytime soon.

We plan to relax this weekend, possibly see fireworks tonight or tomorrow night, and maybe sneak in some pool time at my parents if the temperatures warm up a bit- it sure does not feel like the 4th of July! Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment