Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I wish. We eat atleast an apple a day, but it isn't keeping our doctor away. Yesterday morning I took the kids to get their flu shots. I asked the nurse to just look at Preston's burns on his fingers (as some are getting red and not healing) and she took one look and said, come back tomorrow and see the doctor. So, back we went this morning. 3 of them are infected and the one on his thumb she is worried about. He is not bending his thumb at all, and she is worried that scar tissue will heal tight and he wont have a good range of motion with it. She prescribed a cream to help treat the skin, and then an antibiotic to help with the infection within his thumb. She wants us to go back next Wednesday for a re check, and if he still is not bending it, he will need to wear a special glove on that hand that will help it heal properly.
While we were there, I also had her check Reese as she has had a cold for 5 days now, and she isn't getting any better. Two days ago she got a nasty cough, and sure enough, she has an ear infection in her right ear. Crazy as she never got many ear infections as an infant, and now she seems to be getting them everytime she gets a cold. Guess we need to start eating two apples a day in this house!

One more delicious crock pot recipe for you- one of the best pot roasts I have EVER had I made last night. It was SO yummy, and so easy.


Crock Pot Beef Roast
Ingredients:
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 pkg. low sodium Brown Gravy (I used McCormicks)
1 pkg. powdered Italian dressing

Combine the 3 ingredients with 1/2 cup water, and pour over roast. My roast was frozen, and I put it on LOW in the crockpot for 7 hours. It was SO yummy. So tender and juicy. I HIGHLY recommend trying this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment