Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What a weekend...

Whew. Sitting back and taking a deep breath. I survived. Boxes unpacked, things put away, pictures hung- we are all settled. With the huge semi that arrived on Friday with 8 moving guys- I had my hands full in the morning unpacking, directing the moving men, and watching the two kiddos- not to mention it was in the low 90s that day. But, my parents arrived early afternoon to save the day! Last Wednesday, our pool turned cloudy, so I had my Dad jump on the task of inspecting it and figuring out a plan to help clear the water. I then handed the kids off to my mom and kept unpacking. We were all VERY tired come Friday night. Saturday was another day of unpacking and organizing- all while Kyle and my Dad again tried to combat the cloudy pool water. I took samples to the pool store- and we followed steps to help clear the water. Luckily- it has been getting better and better each day, and now we can see the bottom again :)
Sunday morning we woke up and headed to the zoo to get out of the house and relax a little. It was quite hot and muggy by the time we left after lunch- so it was a good thing we went right away. Reese had fun showing Nana and Poppa all the animals, and we even got to see a baby and Mommy elephant taking a bath/ playing in the little pond they have!
Kyle took off super early Monday morning to catch a flight to Texas- on a work trip until tomorrow. Next Sunday he hops on another plan to go to Denmark for 3 days. Yesterday my parents and I finished odds and ends around the house, got it cleaned up, and then relaxed in the pool (finally!) all afternoon. Reese was happy to be able to swim again and we had a yummy dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.
We had a fun, busy weekend- and I am so grateful my parents were here to help. I don't think I would have survived without them!
Pics of the house to come soon- when I can find a minute to upload them to Kyle's computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment