Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Enough about the kids

Time to step away from the kids and dedicate a blog to things going on in my life- as well as Kyle's- since there have been some updates.
Well, sadly, our NEW house is no longer OUR house. Unfortunately- making a LONG story short- the house failed inspection in a couple of areas- but the main reason being that the town of Fishers was going to be purchasing a large chunk of our land behind our house to put a round-a-bout in. For those who know and have driven on round-a-bouts, they are HUGE. In our case, at the time our accepted offer, the owners did not know this was going to occur. The city sent them the letter afterwards. The areas that failed the inspection were going to be fixed and paid for by the current owners, but we just had a really hard time thinking about giving up some of the yard (which is why we loved the house.) Luckily, we could get out of the deal and we are back to house hunting. You can imagine our level of frustration!
In other notes, I have tackled the Couch to 5K training program with some inspiration from my sister. I had already gotten into the routine of working out 3-4 times a week, but needed a bit more of a push to keep me motivated. Following along on this program helps me to stay focused and "forces" me to go to the gym even on days I don't want to :) I have also quit drinking soda (going on 3 weeks now!) I never drank a ton of it, but I would have a soda a day usually. I have switched over to carbonated water/spritzer to still give me the "bubbly" taste that I crave.
Kyle is keeping busy at work. He is in Washington D.C. today and tomorrow for a few meetings, and his work load seems to be piling up. I can't wait until we can find and move into a house so he can focus all his energy on work and not on this house stuff too- makes for some stressful days, that's for sure. I think we will all sleep  little better once we can get into a house and quit worrying about it.

Well, even though I wasn't going to talk about the kids- I do have to say Preston is a crawler now! He army crawls across the floor to get whatever it may be that catches his attention (usually whatever Reese is playing with!) The days of immobility are no more- time to baby proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment