Sunday, February 17, 2013

Counting Sheep

I have done it. Finally sleep trained Preston. Bye Bye swing. Hello crib. I am not out of the woods yet, but am I in the right direction. Reese headed up to my sister's house with my parents on Friday for a 4 day weekend, so I thought what better time to let Preston "cry it out." Kyle is working furiously to get his 67' Firebird running before we move, so he was down at his parents house painting the rear end Friday night. With just Preston and me, it was time. I laid him down (fully awake) at 8:00 on Friday night. When crying ensued, I went in after 3 minutes, then again after 5, and then he fell asleep. WOW, not bad. But I prepped myself for the worst, knowing that going to sleep wasn't as big of an issue as staying asleep. But, he did great. He woke up at 10:15 for a bottle, and went right back to sleep...until 3:45!! Ate again, and then slept until 7:45! I was amazed. I felt SO refreshed yesterday. I met a friend for coffee in the morning, and then we had a showing on our house in the afternoon, so his first two naps of the day were in the car seat, but when his evening nap rolled around, he did fine putting himself to sleep for it. I think now that I have a handle on his tummy issues, he is more comfortable, thus falling and staying asleep better.

Last night, (again putting him down fully awake), he didn't even make a peep. I went in after about 20 minutes, and he was fast asleep. He has a soft owl blankie he likes to sleep with (more so have it touch his face) so I am worried he is going to cover his face up with it. But, it has helped him fall asleep both nights, so I am surely not taking it away :) He gave me 3 hour stretches last night, but when he would wake in between feedings, he would cry for a few seconds, but put himself back to sleep without me even having to go in.

Today, he put himself to sleep for both naps thus far. I am hoping we are on the road to a decent nights sleep. Maybe he will sleep long enough now to start counting some sheep, I sure know I am ready to! :)

Pack, pack, pack. With Reese out of the house, I must get our things packed! So, here is the scoop. We move to Indy Thursday or Friday. We are going to live in a townhouse (corporate housing) for 3 months- or less if we find a house before that. Kyle's company only pays to move us one time. So, instead of having them move us now (1/2 things into the townhouse, 1/2 things into storage), we have chosen to pack our own things for 3 months and move it ourselves, leaving the majority of our things here in Evansville so that when we find a house, they moving company can move it all straight into a house. It will also help "stage" the house by having all of our stuff here to hopefully sell faster. But, if our house sells and closes before we find a house, then it will all get moved into storage anyways, leaving us to move it out of storage and into our new house by ourselves. Whew, did you catch all that?? :) So, I am making lists and deciding what gets taken with us for the 3 month stay. We are "renting" furniture for the townhouse when we get down there (bed, living room furniture, dining room set)- which the company pays for. They give us an allotment of close to $6000 to use as we please for living costs for the 3 months. It will go towards renting furniture, rent, and cost of food. With that said, I better get back to packing. This move is approaching too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment