Sunday, September 18, 2011

Testing, Testing, 1...2...3...

Except for Reese the counting does not stop there. It goes something like "test, test, 1...2...3...4...5...6...and so on." We have entered the stage of testing limits and pushing boundaries! What an exciting time in our lives, not. She will repeatedly do something we tell her not to, only it comes with a smile on her face and a devilish look like "Hey, look at me. I am not listening to you!" :) The little stinker is getting into everything and exploring all aspects of her world, while learning what is ok to do, and what is not. We have a low mantle on our fireplace in our living room, and she tries time and time again to climb up on it. We tell her "no, that's hot" (b/c in the winter, it will be when the fireplace is on), and she looks back at us, smiles, and climbs right on up. Over and over again. Patience, patience, patience. Mine grows each and everyday. It would be a lot easier if she didn't look back at me after I already told her to stop and then smile and do it again :)
This morning I saw her do the sign for "more" for the first time. I was pretty excited as I have been trying to teach her this since she was 7 mo old. She got the hang of "all done" right away, but "more" was harder for her because she just wanted to clap everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment