Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby to Toddler

I know, I know, Reese turned one in July. But, I had the "ahhh ha"moment last week where I looked at Reese and saw her as a little girl now, no longer a baby. She is this walking, taking, fiesty little girl who is developing a big personality. She has added many new words to her vocabulary including: "uh oh", "bop" (drop), Nana (my mom), tatee (Jackie-our cat Jack), bana (banana),and peas (please). She can also do sign language for all done, please, and more (thanks to her daycare teachers!!) This alone makes communicating with her a lot easier. I am in the process of trying to teach her thank you.
We have been very busy during the month of September and cannot believe fall has already arrived. We had a wedding last weekend in western Iowa for a close friend. Nana (my mom) came up to Madison and got to hang out with Reese all weekend. They must have had a blast considering Reese cried when she pulled out of the driveway!
Kyle is liking his new job and is a tad overwhelmed with all the new information that has to sink in. Typical new job learning curve that he is working through! I am still loving my job and look forward to going to work each day to see the kiddos. I do miss Reese now that she is in a different room, but I sure do get a HUGE hug when I pick her up in the afternoon :)
We have no shortage of events in October either. Reese and I will be making a trip up to MN to visit my sister's family. I am always SO excited when I can get up there to see them! We will also be hitting up some pumpkin patches, celebrating Halloween (costume in the works), and attending my school's fall party/barn dance at the end of the month. A busy, but fun fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment