Thursday, October 20, 2016

Check In

Wow. September 8th since I last updated. Clearly life has been busy. When it isn't busy and I get a moment to myself, I don't even think about blogging. I think about sitting down, enjoying a moment of peace before one of the three hollers my name.

The kids are doing great in school. We had parent teacher conferences last week, and all went well. Preston is learning how to be a 4K kid, following routine, sharing with friends, and using his listening ears. He is the youngest in his class, so he is a little more immature than some of the older boys. But his teachers said he is following them around learning and getting the hang of how we act in school. He is always going to be my little stinker. For instance, he PEED on a child last week. Yep, you heard that right, peed. Took his pants down, and peed on the other child in the bathroom. Now, let me preface this statement with the whole story. Preston and another child, who are both boys, who are both quite rambunctious children, were in the bathroom together. The other child thought it would be funny if Preston peed on him. So, Preston, caving to peer pressure, did. And the result was not too great. He lost 5 minutes of recess and had to face his Dad when he got home. In all honesty, its one of those parenting moments where 1. You think you heard the teacher incorrectly when she tells you this, and 2. You try not to laugh. It's gross, yes. But I mean, seriously?! Two 4K boys peeing on each other. Oh Preston, always keeping everyone on their toes. Needless to say, those two boys wont be in the bathroom alone together the rest of the year :) Other than that incident, we have had a mild start to the school year, and hope to keep it that way.

Both of the kids played Saturday morning soccer here in town. They had 5 games and both did great. Reese is such a good player, but really isn't into it. So, I don't think we will be signing up again in the Spring. Preston was more there for social hour. He would chase the ball, but then stop and chat with friends. Not sure if he ever even kicked the ball all season, lol. But he had fun and said he wants to play again. Up next for Reese is basketball. They play on Saturday mornings in November and December at the high school. I think she will enjoy it. Both kids are still in gymnastics at the YMCA, and Reese loves it so much. It's her "thing" she loves to do each week. Preston goes for a half hour class, where is basically stretching, learning somersaults, and doing the trampoline. Keeps him occupied and he likes it too.


Enough of the big kids, now on to Tate. My sweet baby boy. He would be the perfect baby if not for two things. Ever since 4 months (when he learned to roll over) he is not the greatest night sleeper. He wakes about every 3-4 hours. UGH. I was SO lucky the first 4 months of his life to sleep 6 hour stretches and I got spoiled. But, I know its a phase and he will start sleeping more soon (I HOPE!) Secondly, he isn't the best baby food eater. My other two kids scarfed their food down like nobody's business, inhaling it when it was time to eat. He is a much fussier eater. He loved rice cereal, but isn't too keen on baby food. Literally when I put the spoon to his mouth, he holds his lips so tight they turn white! LOL. He might just be one of those kids who goes straight to table food and prefers feeding themselves. He is 6 1/2 months and has no teeth. He has mastered the multiple roll moving all over the living room to reach whatever he wants. He can sit up with help, but isn't too steady yet on his own. He loves cuddles and his jumperoo. He weighs 19lbs and is 28' long (100%tile). He is a solid baby :)

Halloween is approaching and the kids are really excited. Since we have no trick or treaters in our area, we are heading into town with some friends this year. Reese will be a witch, Preston a police officer, and Tate a tiger. I got lucky this year and we are able to borrow two of the costumes, so I only had to buy one. They are such a rip off! Wear it for a couple hours and then they go into storage.

Kyle has been traveling about 50 percent of the time still. I am holding down the fort with the three munchkins and for the most part, its going well. I am getting back into shape by running 3 miles a day, clean eating, and dropped 6 lbs this past month. Only 7 more to go before I hit my pre-Tate weight. I can do it!

Have a great weekend and I hope to post again before another month and a half goes by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment