Sunday, June 8, 2014

Strawberries and more

We had a weekend FULL of strawberries! Kyle's mom came to visit on Thursday afternoon and we went to Spencer Farms in Noblesville (about 20 min north of us) to a pick strawberries. We, along with all of Hamilton County, must have decided to go on the same day. Literally, hundreds of people were out and about to pick strawberries. It took me longer in line to pay for them than it did for us to pick them! Thank goodness I had Julie to entertain the kids and play around the farm while I waited. Anyways, I am glad I did wait in line, because they are the sweetest, most delicious strawberries I've had in a long time. Well worth the wait. I now have to figure out what to do with all of them! I have made 2 pies thus far, sharing some with neighbors, and am going to look up jam recipes this afternoon. 
Julie took off Saturday morning to head to a wedding in Bloomington, IL so we headed to the annual Fishers Strawberry Festival. It corresponded with the regular Saturday morning farmer's market, so we had a good time. Lots of food, yummy treats, face painting, live music, and more. Wore the kids out! Reese (who RARELY naps anymore) slept for 2 hours yesterday. AMAZING! We had a great time. 

Working on making my first ever strawberry pie (turned out quite delicious I must say!)

We had/have about 10.25 lbs of strawberries we picked!

 Getting ready to head into the fields to pick, Preston did not seem to enthused.


Fishers Strawberry Fesitval 






No comments:

Post a Comment