Monday, July 18, 2011

Pre B-day Bash

This past weekend my college girlfriends (3 from Chicago area, 1 from Springfield, IL) made the trip up to Madison to have a pre-birthday bash for Reese! Reese LOVED all the attention the girls gave her, and I had a great time seeing my friends interacting with her. We had a yummy lunch and then had cupcakes to celebrate. We sang Happy Birthday and opened presents too. She got such cute things! Some outfits, shoes, sunglasses, and a Taggy stuffed ladybug.
Kyle was on daddy duty Saturday afternoon so I could take the girls down to the Union Terrace on the lake to sit outside, drink beer, and catch up on each others lives. We joked about how we can tell we are getting older because our conversations 5 years ago on a Saturday would have included things like this:
"Have you guys seen my credit card from last night?" "Uh, I'm so hungover." "Did we seriously eat McDonald's at 4 am?" "Why does my body smell like tequila?"
It just so happens that now our conversations regard children, marriage, & work. Not quite in the same realm as 5 years ago! We had such a great time though and came back to the house to a wonderful dinner prepares by Kyle. We enjoyed sitting on our patio with a campfire that night. I am now in preparation mode for Reese's party this next Sunday. Lists are made and now it is time to start crossing things off!

No comments:

Post a Comment