Sunday, October 11, 2015

New members!

In case you haven't heard via the Facebook world, Kyle and I are expecting our third little nugget next April!
I am 15 weeks today. Hooray for the second trimester. The first was not very nice to me. It was the worst first trimester out of all 3 kids for sure. Vomiting, nausea all day, extreme exhaustion, and just all around feeling yucky from week 5-13. Yes, I was pregnant when we went to Argentina (and when we moved) so I did not get to enjoy all the delicious wine and had a hard time even enjoying all the great food since I really didn't have an appetite. I started turning a corner about a week and a half ago and now can make it through the day without taking my prescription anti-nausea medicine. Still tired, but who's not with two little kids?! Overall, feeling much better. Unfortunately, I messed up my back this past Tuesday. I made a chiropractor appointment for Friday, and by Thursday, I could barely walk. My lower back shooting pain all the way up to my mid back. Doctor says it due to hormonal changes loosening the ligaments around my hip bones, making my right hip bone stick out further than my left hip bone, causing the extreme pain in my lower back. He adjusted it and I go back again tomorrow. It feels better, and I can get around with less pain, but I am hoping tomorrow gives me even more relief. For now, I am icing on and off throughout the day to take down the inflammation of the muscles in my lower back. We told the kids a week or so ago after I had my ultrasound and they were both very excited. When I showed Reese the ultrasound picture I posted above, she asked me what kind of baby animal it was. LOL! 

I took this picture last Wednesday (14 1/2 weeks.) I am showing MUCH earlier than I did with the other two. So much I made sure the ultrasound tech only spotted one baby and not two :) Thankfully, it's just one!
My original due date, based on my last menstrual cycle, was April 10th. At my ultrasound, they said I was measuring for a due date of April 3rd. I'll take it! No pregnant women is going to complain about bumping the due date up by a week!! 

In other news, we also added a new member to our house, Sonny the kitty. We told Reese when we moved she could get a cat, that would live primarily outside with our other cat, Jack. So, here's Sonny. He is the sweetest kitty, purrs all the time, and lets the kids drag him around everywhere.

Yesterday, we got outside and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. We went to Monroe, walked around downtown, shopped a bit, and had lunch with friends. Kyle's old co-worker, Briana, and her husband Mike and two kids- Bryant (7) Becca (5) live in Monroe. After lunch, we headed out to their farm where they have goats,chickens, cats, pigeons, horses, and a donkey. The kids had a BLAST running around all afternoon. Reese even got to ride Randy, the mini pony. Preston didn't want a ride, but was content carrying the barn kitties all around. We had a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment